Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thirteen Reaons Why: Jay Asher

Thirteen Reasons Why: Jay Asher


"Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker--his classmate and crush--who committed suicide two weeks earlier. On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list. Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect "
Information from thirteenreasonswhy.com

So, basically this book kicked butt. Although, it isn't for everyone. People under fourteen should not read this book unless they are mature enough to handle it. Suicide is a very serious issue, and this book makes it sound very dramatic and possibly even worth while if you could ruin the lives of someone who ruined yours.

It only took me a few days to read this book. Even though I didn't go crazy over it like I would have for Twilight or something like that, I still was curious to know what was going on; why Clay was on the tapes, what sent Hannah over the edge. I found myself in tears at several points in this book and angry through the other parts. Bullying was never a big issue in my school, at least not with me, and I used to laugh at shows that had serious bullies on it, because I thought they were a thing of the past.

I definitely recommend this book.

Review by Jessica. :)
For the full video review click here!

No comments:

Contact Us



Youtube


Facebook


Goodreads (Gina)

Goodreads (Angie)

E-mail: yafictionfreaks@yahoo.com