Thursday, November 3, 2011

Abandon (Abandon Trilogy, #1)Abandon by Meg Cabot

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was my first time reading a book written by Meg Cabot and I LOVED it! :) It is an amazing read! This book drew me in from the first few pages. I have not picked any of her books up, because I always thought that her books were "chick-lit" which is not one of my favorite genre's. I do love the "Princess Diaries" stories but have only watched the movies.

Now, I am wanting to read EVERYTHING that Meg (yes, we are on a first name basis, lol, (not really)has written because I enjoyed this book so much. She says that what sparked the idea for this story was her fascination of Persephone and Hades. I also have always liked their story/myth. So knowing that and seeing this book cover I just couldn't resist reading this book. I had picked it up several times, either in book stores or looked at it on my Kindle or Amazon online. The cover always drew me in. I finally saw it at the library and decided to check it out (literally, lol) and I told myself.......I said , "Self....just read a few pages and see if u like it, if not take it back to the library." and I answered myself and said "Okay! I will do it."

So......I read the first page, the second , the third.........then the first chapter, the second, the third..........and then I just couldn't stop. I had to know what in the heck would happen to Pierce and how the underworld would effect her.

I have read on reviews that some people say it had slow parts. WHAT????? I just don't get that. Because I work a full time job and have a family to take care of, it usually takes me a while to read any book unless I am in love with it and even then sometimes it will take a while. BUT, this book, I started on Friday and was finished by Monday! I even took it to an amusement park on Sunday and read every time I was waiting on someone to get on or off a ride.

Also, I have read that some people think it is confusing. I kinda do get that. Because there are things that the reader doesn't understand in the beginning and of course the underworld is a new concept. But the author guides you along and you continue to find out what is happening throughout the book.

I will say the only negative (little bit) that I will say, is that it took me a little while, maybe a quarter of the book to half, to settle into Meg Cabot's writing style. Again, I havent read anything else of hers YET! But, she tends to write long sentences with thoughts popped into the middle of them. You get used to it, but sometimes I had to go back and read the original start of the sentence.

I was so happy to know that this is going to be a series and book two "Underworld" will be out summer of 2012! yay :) Meanwhile, I am reading "Airhead" by Meg Cabot (On chapter 5 and liking so far) and I just received "Insatiable" (her adult series) on my Kindle from the library. She has written so many books, I will be plenty busy until "underworld" gets here. I think I am going to read the whole "Princess Diaries" series too!

Love MEG CABOT! Go GET THIS BOOK! You won't regret it :)

Oh, and very clean.......this book can be read by younger teens, older teens, and anyone young at heart :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Contact Us



Youtube


Facebook


Goodreads (Gina)

Goodreads (Angie)

E-mail: yafictionfreaks@yahoo.com