Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I gave this book a 3, but I need to think about it a little while before writting an actual review. I didn't love this book like many others seem to. I never really felt connected to the characters and I felt like the last half of the book was drug out a little too much. I also didn't really like that there was never any explanation as to why Noah and Mara could do what they could do? I realize answers might come on book two. But, this seems like the kind of book where they will learn to control their powers but it is going to be pushed off to being "gifted" with special powers for the better of the universe and I really don't like this sort of thing. I prefer real reasons....but thats just me. Also, I didn't really buy into the GREAT love between them, it just didn't seem real esp. not in a Edward / Bella kinda way that I love. The author never really explained about Noahs past loves??? and reputation?? Was it real or just rumors?

Another question: Did Mara cause the lady at the end to shoot the guy or was she about to but the woman stepped up and did it first???

Okay, so I said I wasn't going to review it but there it is. I didn't hate or dislike this book and I will probably some day read book two when it comes out, but I won't be in line at midnight or in any hurry to rush and read it. It was okay. The story could've been better for me. I think this book got a lot of attention and I expected too much maybe?

Just my opinion....glad others are loving it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Contact Us



Youtube


Facebook


Goodreads (Gina)

Goodreads (Angie)

E-mail: yafictionfreaks@yahoo.com