Monday, November 7, 2011

The Night CircusThe Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Hmmmm.........this book was really hard to rate. The writing was very descriptive and beautiful. The magic and fantasy were very dream-like and vivid to picture in your mind. I enjoyed the first half of the book, but then it got very confusing. I couldn't keep up with who was who and I don't know that I fully grasped the whole concept of this book.

It just seemed "over my head" in the second half of the book. Things happen that I didn't understand and I don't know that the author gave answers for things that happened.

I listened to the audio which was a delight to listen to because it is performed by Jim Dale, who also performed all the Harry Potter audios. He does a fantastic job at really bringing the characters personalities into the audio.

I am not sure I would have continued with this book if I had been reading it, because I was so confused, but I stuck with Jim Dale. LOL

So again, writing was great, story was confusing. It almost seemed to me like the author had this great story and didn't really know how to end it? I also felt as if the story was so "fantasical" that I couldn't completely grasp it?

I am glad that I got through it. I wonder if anyone else had my experience? Not sure whether to recommend? I told my sister about it, but then went back and told her to read at her own risk, because I had gotten so confused. Maybe she will read it and explain it to me....lol



View all my reviews

No comments:

Contact Us



Youtube


Facebook


Goodreads (Gina)

Goodreads (Angie)

E-mail: yafictionfreaks@yahoo.com