Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book would be a 3.5 if I could give a half point! lol

This book was really wierd for me...I LOVE the cover of the book and Angie loves this series, so I finally listened to the audio. I was really enjoying it up until about half way through the book and then I just kinda lost interest. I am not sure what it was. I am thinking it has something to do with I don't really like the main character and her choices, (in actions, and in love interest).

Also though, the writing seemed a little "over the top" at times. I am not sure whether this is the way the audio voice read it and made it seems too dramatic or if it was the writing, but I am gearing towards it was the writing. The author uses lots of adjectives to describe things and it just seemed too gushy sometimes to me.

I did really like the pacing of the book though. I hate when a book has a character questioning the whole book and then the last few chapters fill you in with answers. This book did not do that, the author filled you in at a really good pace and left some things unanswered for book two.

This was a story and a world that I really just wanted to know how it was going to end and get out of.

I think overall, this got a 3 and it is not going to be a favorite series of mine, it mostly because I do not like books about wolves and even though they call themselves guardians, they are wolves.

I should do a vid on our "yafictionfreaks" youtube channel that explains why I don't like wolves! lol





View all my reviews

No comments:

Contact Us



Youtube


Facebook


Goodreads (Gina)

Goodreads (Angie)

E-mail: yafictionfreaks@yahoo.com